In 1,000 words, compare the descriptive ethics of Thomas Aquinas and David Hume.
- How does each one think human behavior is motivated?
- What role does reason play in each one’s view? What about human passions and sentiments? What about God vs. sin?
- What kind of evidence does each seem to use to support their view of human nature?
- What does each thinker say about how human beings should live?
Organize your paper into five paragraphs, each with one purpose:
- an introduction paragraph (written last so that you can introduce and summarize what you say in the paper)
- one paragraph summarizing Thomas Aquinas’s response to the above questions
- one paragraph summarizing David Hume’s response to the above questions
- one paragraph comparing/contrasting these two thinkers
- a conclusion reflecting on this from your perspective (ask: What do I believe? How do I respond?).
Write a 3-5 page, double spaced paper according to APA guidelines comparing the Christian moral psychology of Augustine and Aquinas. How do there different viewpoints address one of the following: what do I believe, what are my politics, or how do I respond.