Most people have experienced frustration at least once when talking with customer service. Often, organizations provide satisfaction surveys to customers to evaluate their experience. In the health care field, accrediting agencies require providers to measure patient satisfaction through surveys. The purpose of this assignment is to apply the processes involved to develop an improvement plan that will prevent similar customer complaints.
You must download and use the Customer Satisfaction Improvement Plan template to complete this assignment. Do not write a separate paper. Note: If you have responded substantively to each of the content items within the template of the assignment, the template document you submit should be between three and four pages in length.
- Choose one of the customer experience scenario options below:
- Customer contacted a health plan customer service department but could not understand the representative.
- Customer scheduled an appointment with a primary care physician for an acute illness, and there were no appointments available.
- Customer had an appointment for lab testing or a diagnostic test (e.g., MRI, CT scan, etc.), and the facility environment was disorderly and unclean.
- Customer visited the Emergency Department (ED), also known as Emergency Room, but the wait time was extensive (over three hours).
- A customer called the doctor after normal office hours ended. The primary care doctor advised the patient to go to Urgent Care (UC). After paying the $50 co-pay, the UC physician told the patient to go to the ER because the issue was more severe than could be managed at the UC clinic.
- A knee-replacement patient was given discharge instructions upon discharge that included taking a pain medication every four to six hours. However, when the patient arrived home, the prescription was not in his discharge paperwork. The hospital informed the patient he would have to come back to pick up the written prescription to get it filled, as it cannot be called in to the pharmacy.
- Using the Customer Satisfaction Improvement Plan template, respond to the required elements listed below and make sure to include detail for each element in your improvement plan.
- Scenario: Create your own detail to relate what may have occurred Once you have chosen a customer satisfaction scenario.
- Describe in detail everything that occurred to ensure that the CQI team understands the complexity of the issue.)
- Data Elements: Describe a minimum of three data elements you would gather to fully assess the situation and assist you with improving the customer satisfaction scenario you chose.
- CQI Methods: Outline the CQI method (Pareto, Fishbone, or Flowchart) you would utilize to develop your improvement plan.
- Explain your plan for improvement.
- CQI Team Members: Identify three stakeholders within the organization you will include on your CQI team.
- Identify the communication barriers that may occur between the stakeholders based on their role in the organization when analyzing the cause of the complaint.
- Discuss possible solutions and the development of an effective improvement plan.
- Cost-Quality Impact: Analyze how cost and quality are linked based on your chosen scenario.
- Identify the potential impact to the organization if the issue is not resolved.
- Evaluation Plan: Describe how you will evaluate the success or failure of the plan.
- Identify the steps would you take to determine if the plan is effective.
Include at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library within the template that supports your ideas or statements. The Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.) video tutorial is available to help you become more familiar with the library database search features and how to generate keywords. Cite all referenced material according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Introduction to APA within each row where the referenced material was used.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.