1. Define anthropology. List the five subfields of anthropology and explain their areas of focus.
2. Define and discuss the major characteristics of culture. Provide examples from your personal life and experiences to illustrate your discussions.
3. Define, compare, and contrast ethnocentrism and cultural relativism. Provide examples from your personal life and experiences to illustrate your discussions.
4. Define fieldwork as it relates to cultural anthropology research. List and explain the various techniques that anthropologists use while conducting fieldwork.
5. Explain the difference between verbal and nonverbal communication. Provide examples of each.