Please respond to the following Just Mercy questions, one to two sentences each.
1. Does it seem like the jury now believes Ralph Myers?
2. What are your impressions of Mrs. Williams?
3. Of all the evidence presented in this trial, which is the most likely to sway the judge’s ruling? Which is the least likely?
Please respond to the following reflection questions from The 13th Amendment video”
1. Define, in your own words, the 13th Amendment including the exception clause. Discuss how this exception clause has impacted our criminal justice system, mass incarceration, and the disproportionate number of African Americans in prison today. (Two paragraphs)
2. Which U.S. President was the most responsible for poor policies leading to even greater increases in the prison population and a greater disparity of African Americans? Identify and discuss at least three of these policies. (2-3 paragraphs).
3. Discuss how the financial motives for incarceration have evolved since the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 until now. (1-2 paragraphs)