The correctional system has 3 different organization models:
- Authoritarian model
- Bureaucratic model
- Participative model
- Address the following in 2-3 pages:
- In detail, describe and explain each model listed above as they apply to correctional environments. For each model, answer the following:
- What is the intended goal of corrections administrations that utilize the model?
- During what time period was the model developed? Explain.
- Was it effective during that time period? Explain in detail, and use scholarly and academic resources to fully support your arguments.
- Is it effective now? Explain in detail, and use scholarly and academic resources to fully support your arguments.
- How is a correctional facility operated under the model? Be specific and detailed in your response.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using each model? Explain in detail.
- Now, identify the correctional settings where each model would be most effective.
- Provide 2 examples for each model.
- Explain why your examples would be effective for your selected correctional settings.
- This should make up the bulk of your assignment and must be fully supported by research.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.