1. Discuss the influence of organizational purpose, mission, and the top management team on human resource strategy.
2. Distinguish among corporate, business, and functional strategies. How does each general level of strategy relate to human resource management?
3. Specify the circumstances under which, from a firm’s perspective, a firm’s human resources might be perceived as an organizational strength. Specify the circumstances under which human resources might be perceive as a weakness.
4. Discuss how the specific business strategies relate to human resource management.
5. If you were hired as a human resource manager in a large firm in which the human resource function was poorly integrated with other functional areas, what steps would you take to improve this integration?