This assignment covers text chapters 9 and 10. Some questions are adapted from Discussion Questions in the text. Be sure you complete all questions. Your answers should be well-documented and include detailed references to the readings and other sources of information.
- Define each of the following terms: (a) path, (b) activity, (c) early start, (d) early finish, (e) late start, (f) late finish, (g) forward pass (h) backward pass, (i) node, (j) AON, (k) float, (l) critical path, (m) PERT [MO5.1]
- Distinguish between serial activities and concurrent activities. Why do we seek to use concurrent activities as a way to shorten the project’s length?[MO5.1, 5.2]
- List three methods of deriving duration estimates for project activities. What are the strengths and weaknesses associated with each method?[MO5.2]
- What are the advantages in the use of Gantt charts over PERT diagrams?In what ways might PERT diagrams be advantageous? [MO5.3]
- Under what circumstances might you wish to crash a project?