Prepare a research PROPOSAL on Sexism in Sports. This is a 3-4 page long paper in which you should include:
- A specific title.
- A precise research question in which you clearly specify what you plan to examine/explain in your final paper (1 points).
- Methodology: since all students will use interview data, here all you need to do is to explain in words how are you going to collect your data (e.g., who the interviewees would likely be and how are you going to get them to sit down and talk to you). Finally, you should write down at least seven questions directly related to your topic (i.e., beyond purely demographic questions such as respondents’ age, gender, race/ethnicity, etc.) you plan to ask your interviewees.
The interviewees will be coaches, trainers, and other sports staff at my college
- A definition of five theoretical concepts that you will use in the analysis. Two or three good sentences per definition should be more than enough.
- A research statement (at least two good paragraphs, no more than four good paragraphs) of your research proposal in which you show how the five theoretical concepts you chose can be fruitfully combined to answer your research question as applied to a specific case study.
- A list of peer-reviewed articles or book chapters (i.e., news articles are not valid) that focus on your specific topic and that you will use (i.e., cite) in your final paper. Include at least 6 references