Questions to begin your discussion. These are not exclusive.
1. How can facial recognition technology be used in retail settings? Who could benefit?
2. Why are retailers reluctant to reveal that they are using facial recognition technologies and collecting biometric data about customers?
3. What privacy concerns are raised by the use of facial recognition technology in retail settings and the development of biometric databases?
4. What are the human resource implications of implementing facial recognition technologies in retail settings?
5. Is it legal for retailers to collect biometric data about customers without obtaining consent? Is it ethical?