Answer the following Discussion Questions:
1. If you had to choose between adventure learning and action learning for developing an effective team, which would you choose? Justify your answer.
2. How can the characteristics of the trainee affect self-directed learning?
3. Why on-the-job training may be ineffective? How can its effectiveness be improved? Explain what have been your personal experiences with on-the-job training?
4. Explain the steps of an action learning program. Which aspect of action learning do you think is most beneficial for learning? for transfer of training? Explain your standpoints.
5. Discuss how new technologies make it easier to learn. How do they facilitate transfer of training?
6. Explain learner control, sharing and linking and how do they contribute to the effectiveness of e-learning.
7. What is repurposing and how does it affect the use of new technologies in training?
8. Distance learning can be used to deliver a lecture to geographically dispersed trainees. How can distance learning be designed and used to avoid some of the learning and transfer of training problems of the traditional lecture method?