Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- How would you conduct training if your team was not the lead agency in a homeland security environment? Explain.
- Is it important to implement NIMS and ICS concepts into everyday issues that are associated with emergency management? Why or why not?
- Regardless of your response to the previous question, how would you accomplish this?
- In an environment where budgets are growing smaller, especially for training issues, how would you stretch your training dollars?
- Discuss creative solutions.
- How do you feel about convincing your boss to attend training?
- How would you accomplish this?
- Describe your thoughts and actions if you were conducting a critique after a relatively minor incident in which nobody was injured but your agency caused property damage and you have to pay the bill.
You are the emergency manager for a county government and are responsible for training. Your agency consists of 10 full-time employees and approximately 50 volunteers. The elected board has 15 members.
Complete the following:
- Address the following in 900–1,200 words:
- Develop a year-long training plan for your agency.
- Address the training needs of the following:
- New employees and volunteers (if applicable) and existing employees at the following levels:
- Policy level
- Strategic level
- Tactical level
- Task level
- Your plan must include at least 1 employee who is new and 1 employee who exists at each level.
- Describe the coursework that is appropriate for each type of employee at each level.
- Include 1 exercise that includes employees of each type (new and existing) at each level of involvement.
- Describe your exercise goals and objectives.
- List the resources that are required, including financial needs.
- Be sure to reference all of your sources using APA style.