Discussion question Business Statistic. Please just answer the questions
Business stat discussion question
Part 1: Create your initial post by clicking on the Week 1 Discussion link to enter the forum and clicking on Create Thread when you are in the forum.
Due Sunday, August 30 at 11:59 PM
- Identify a characteristic about a population that you would be interested in studying.
- For example, I may be interested in learning the number of hours students work outside of school at Delaware Technical Community College
Identify the population that the sample is representing.
- In my example, the population would be all students who attend Delaware Technical Community College. I need to take into consideration that there are four campus locations up and down the state and that students take classes at all different times of day and some students take online classes.
Describe in detail the method you would use to take a sample from your identifies population.
- In my example, I may consider using stratified sampling. Each campus location would be classified as a strata. I would try to obtain a list of all enrolled students at each campus and take a random sample from this list. I would contact each student and ask the student how many hours he/she works outside of school.
Describe any potential pitfalls that you anticipate in conducting your survey.
- One potential pitfall of my survey would be nonresponse (see page 9 in your text). Some students may not want to respond to the survey. I may consider identifying the number of respondents who did not respond when I publish the results.