Independent-samples t test or ANOVA
During this week you will work in the discussion area to identify a research question created in Week 1 that would utilize an independent-samples t test or ANOVA. This discussion will help you work towards your “Week 2 Assignment.” If there are no research questions that fit these types of statistical analyses, you will need to decide on a new question before moving forward with the assignment.
In your initial posting for this assignment, include the following:
- Identify an appropriate research question that would require the use of an independent-samples t test or ANOVA to answer. Pick the question from the list created in week 1 or identify a new question if there are no appropriate ones from week 1.
- Describe why this question is appropriate for the selected statistical test.
- Identify the variables in this study and each of their attributes: discrete or continuous, quantitative or categorical, and scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio).
- Do the variables fit the qualifications for the selected statistical test? Explain.
- List the statistical notation and written explanation for the null and alternative hypotheses.
- Describe the types of errors that could occur.