Each of the following entities within the distribution channel may require an incentive to purchase a product to move it along the channel.
- Retail buyers
- Salespersons in retail stores
For each of the above entities:
- Select a product that might flow through the entire channel. You may use a single product that would move through all the entities in a single channel or a different product for each entity.
- Discuss a strategic objective for each entity in which a sales promotion may be strategically used. You will want an objective that helps move the product through each entity along the channel. This may mean a different objective for each entity or one that includes them all.
- Select and describe the sales promotion tactic you will use for each entity to reach your strategic objectives for that entity.
- How long might each sales promotion tactic work? Explain your answer.