According to the Department of Health and Human Services (2002), the nation’s capacity to respond to bioterrorism depends largely on the ability of clinicians and public health officials to detect, manage, and effectively communicate in advance of and during a bioterrorism event.
Prepare a narrated presentation, using PowerPoint or other similar software, detailing a bioterrorism-related issue, analyzing the threat(s) that the bioterrorism-related issue poses.
In preparation for your presentation, research and review at least one (1) healthcare facility’s preparedness plan. Note: A video to help students record narration for the PowerPoint presentation is available in the course shell.
Prepare a twenty (20) slide presentation in which you:
1. Specify the key steps that healthcare managers should follow in preparing their organizations for a potential bioterrorism attack.
2. Outline at least two (2) possible early detection and surveillance strategies, and investigate the main ways those strategies may prompt timely interventions to effectively treat and diminish the impact of a bioterrorism threat.
3. Evaluate the specific preparation steps in the preparedness plan of a healthcare facility of your choosing.
4. Suggest at least one (1) possible improvement to promote early detection and enhanced surveillance.
Wolper, L. (2011). Health Care Administration: Managing Organized Delivery Systems. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in Health Care Operations Management.