You have already developed a thesis statement and an outline in which you explored the peculiar institution known as slavery. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
- Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
- Describe two (2) outcomes of the 3/5ths Compromise, Missouri Compromise of 1820, Compromise of 1850, Kansas-Nebraska Act, and the Dred Scott Decision. Note: Be sure to provide two (2) outcomes for each legislation.
- Suggest three (3) reasons why slavery was, and is, incompatible with our political and economic system.
- List three to five (3-5) driving forces that led to the Civil War.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the main factors that led to America’s early development.
- Identify and discuss the different ways that the heritages of slavery, the Civil War, and Reconstruction have shaped America’s history.
- Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
- Examine how changes in social and economic conditions and technology can cause corresponding changes in the attitudes of the people and policies of the government.
- Specify ways that women and minorities have responded to challenges and made contributions to American culture.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in American History to 1865.
- Write clearly and concisely about American History to 1865 using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view grading rubric.