Read the attached article, Lynda_Shaffer_Southernization.pdf (from page 1-12) and answer the following questions:
- What does the author mean by “Southernization”?
- How does Shaffer define the “South”?
- List the ideas, the agricultural, mineral, and manufactured products and the inventions that she associates with “Southernization.”
- What places were the ideas, agriculture, minerals, and manufactured products associated with?
- What were the major contributions of Indians, Malays, and Chinese to hemispheric development?
Again, your responses do not need to be in essay form. However, they need to be complete.