Marketing is all around you. Examples are all around you. In fact, people market themselves every day. Consider how you landed your current or past job. How did you persuade someone about your idea? Maybe you convinced someone to try eating at a different restaurant that he or she wasn’t familiar with. Marketing also includes the 4 Ps of marketing—product, place, price, and promotion.
To help start brainstorming how to market your client’s product, discuss with your colleagues the following:
· Write your own definition of marketing.
· Research and cite a definition of marketing from a reliable source.
· From a personal perspective, what is one way that you market yourself? Provide an example.
· Is your definition of marketing yourself different than the textbook definition of marketing a product? Why or why not? What are a few of the differences or similarities?
· Discuss how the 4 Ps of marketing contribute to a brand’s success.
· Which of the 4 Ps do you think is most important, and why?