- (You may also write about James Monroe, if you like).Your research must include at least seven credible sources, apart from your textbook, Wikipedia, encyclopedias, dictionaries, blogs and other material that does not qualify as reputable academic sourcework.
- Your paper must address the following:
- Your assignment must:
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Fully define a doctrine and identify why the president of your choice announced a doctrine while he was in office.
- Describe the diplomatic doctrine the president followed, with reference to specific actions or events that occurred.
- Describe the effect that the presidential doctrine has had on regional or global affairs AT THE TIME it was announced during the Cold War.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow the Strayer Writing Standards Guidelines (See the URL at the bottom of this document).
- NOT INCLUDE AN ABSTRACT but do include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Acknowledge that graphs, tables, drawings and photographs do not count toward the length of the paper; only what you have written as text itself.
- AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR PAPER IN WEEK 7, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE SUBMITTED THROUGH A SOFTWARE TOOL CALLED SAFEASSIGN, WHICH IS USED TO DETECT PLAGIARISM. AFTER YOU UPLOAD YOUR PAPER INTO THE WEEK 9 DROPBOX, YOU WILL RECEIVE A RETURN FILE FROM SAFEASSIGNTELLING YOU WHAT PERCENTAGE OF IT WAS COPIED AND PASTED FROM OTHER STUDENTS’ PAPERS OR FROM INTERNET SITES. IF YOUR READING IS HIGHER THAN 30%, I WILL RETURN IT TO YOU WITH A DEDUCTION OF POINTS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO PARAPHRASE THE HIGHLIGHTED PORTIONS UNTIL YOU BRING THAT PERCENTAGE BELOW 30%. A FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A FAILING GRADE FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
In the Student Center, I have also uploaded a FILE ON PRESIDENTIAL DOCTRINES that contains papers on every doctrine announced by an American president, so here is research already done for you. Please take advantage of it.
- Identify the cultural, economic, and political context of information resources, and interpret information in light of that context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international problems.
- Write clearly and concisely about international problems using proper writing mechanics.