Catherine Trembly is a 67-year-old woman who presents to the neurologist’s office after referral from her PCP (primary care provider) for a seizure.
- PMH: Seizure, hypertension, anxiety
- Retired book keeper
- C/o being “tired”
- Periods of unresponsiveness to verbal stimuli
- Vital signs: T 37 degrees Centigrade, P 80, R 18, BP 174/84
- Lungs: clear
- O2 Sat = 98%
- Heart rate regular, + peripheral pulses
- What other questions should the nurse ask?
- What techniques are helpful to incorporate in assessing a patient in this age group?
- What are some of the more common conditions that may cause seizure activity in this age group?
- What diagnostic tools will the physician use to diagnose this condition?
- What should be included in the plan of care?
jarvis, C. (2012). Physical examination & health assessment (6th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2014). Healthy People 2020. Retrieved from http://healthypeople.gov/2020/
Answer to pls have reference