Smoothie made with the following ingredients:
Bran cereal, 1/3 cup
Berries, assorted, frozen, 1 cup
Walnuts, ¼ cup
Skim milk, 1.5 cups
McDonalds® Breakfast Value Meal:
Egg McMuffin, 1 item
Hash brown patty, 1 item
Diet Coke, 20 ounces
1. What types of simple carbohydrates are included in breakfast #1? Are these “bad sugars”?
Fructose, glucose, and lactose are in breakfast one. They are not bad sugars.
2. Which breakfast provides better nutrient density?
3. What kinds of health benefits/risks could breakfast #1 provide? Breakfast #2?
4. What are the various recommended intakes for fiber? Which breakfast would help you meet these recommendations?
5. Does breakfast #1 have a high glycemic index? Breakfast #2?